RSS
Instead of committing to a resolution that I wouldn't keep this year I decided to commit to 365 of them. Follow me as I better my life and hopefully yours as well.

The Geektool

This little gem is--in a word-- AMAZING.

It is found here.

What it does it it acts as an aggregator on top of your desktop but beneath your active desktop. What this means is that it is available for you to see but never to move or change on accident.

It acts as a Preference Pane Addition and is really one of my favorite tools I have on my Mac today.

The funny little program allows you to place a file, an image, or a shell onto your desktop.

The most useful of these being your shell.

A shell is a piece of programming that activates and completes a small task for you. The two I use on my laptop are a To Do shell and a Calendar shell.



As you can see it is on the left hand side of my screen. And this really helps. The best part of this is that you do not have to be a geek in order to use it. Online there is a plethora of handy how to guides to geektool that provide you a step by step guide for using the system.

I highly recommend you get it. And, if you need help getting it set up feel free to shoot me an email.


P.S. I just found out you can use this to read RSS feeds. This means you can have your favorite blog on your desktop! Totes going to do this! Here is the how to for RSS feeds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment